Writing A First Job Resume For High School Students In 2023
Are you a high school student looking to land your first job? Writing a resume can seem intimidating, but it’s easier than you think. In this guide, we’ll show you how to create a resume tailored to your high school experience that will land you your first job. We’ll provide you with resume writing tips and strategies, resume formats and templates, and 3 sample resumes.
What Is a Resume?
A resume is a document used to highlight your education, skills, and experience. Your resume should be tailored to the job you’re applying for and should include a summary of your work history, skills, and relevant qualifications. A resume is traditionally sent with a cover letter and serves as a marketing tool for potential employers.
Resume Writing Tips for High School Students
Writing a resume as a high school student can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips to help you create a resume tailored to your experience:
- Include any relevant job experience, including volunteer work.
- Highlight any special skills or qualifications you have.
- Make sure your resume is organized and easy to read. Use short sentences and bullet points.
- Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Tailor your resume to the job you’re applying for.
- Include any awards or accomplishments you’ve received.
- Include a professional summary.
- Include references if you have them.
Resume Formats for High School Students
When writing your resume, you should choose a format that best highlights your experience and qualifications. Here are some common resume formats for high school students:
- Chronological: This format is best for those with a lot of job experience. It is organized by jobs you’ve held in reverse chronological order.
- Functional: This format is best for those with limited job experience. It focuses on your skills and qualifications rather than your work history.
- Combination: This format combines the chronological and functional formats. It is organized by your work history and emphasizes your skills and qualifications.
Sample Resumes for High School Students
Once you’ve decided on a format for your resume, it’s time to start writing. Here are 3 sample resumes tailored to high school students:
Sample Resume 1: Chronological Format
This sample resume is organized by job title in reverse chronological order. It emphasizes your work experience and qualifications.
Sample Resume 2: Functional Format
This sample resume focuses on your skills and qualifications rather than your work history. It is a great choice for those with limited job experience.
Sample Resume 3: Combination Format
This sample resume combines the features of the chronological and functional formats. It is organized by your work history and emphasizes your skills and qualifications.
Writing a resume as a high school student can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these tips, you can create a resume tailored to your experience. You can also use the sample resumes provided to get started. Good luck on your job search!
#FirstJobResumeForHighSchoolStudents #ResumeWritingTips #ResumeFormats #ChronologicalFormat #FunctionalFormat #CombinationFormat #SampleResumes #HighSchoolStudents #Resume #JobSearch